Labels

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Essay 7

Giving up the Games
An essay on sacrifices
By Emmanuel Perry
Pine Point School
January 5, 2012
      Sacrifice is what people do when you help someone else even though you could be doing something more of your interests. Sacrifice can also mean giving up one habit so you can proceed with another objective. Some of the world’s greatest inventors probably sacrificed many hours of rest to give us appliances that we take for granted, yet changed our world. I am not an inventor, nor am I a great historical figure or hero (yet), but I still have sacrificed to help others whom I care about in life.

      My father, john, went to high school, Norwich tech to be exact, to learn about electrical systems, plumbing, and basically anything that you would need fixed in a house. As the years went by, he has started to get tired more easily and may bonk his head or hurt his back. At times like these people could really use a hand. On the day I am about to recall, I just got a new video game that I was very enthusiastic about for a month in advance. I was having a great time saving princesses and such! Meanwhile, dad was busy moving heavy boxes here and there in the basement (we just moved). My hard working father comes up and asks mom for help downstairs, but she is busy with other household chores. I guess I had sympathy for him and asked if he needed help. By the time we were done, it was too late for video games yet I didn’t feel sad at all. I felt good helping someone out that day.


      In this story, compassion and sacrifice lead to another.  In my opinion, that is why most people sacrifice time, money, body parts, and resources for others. If you don’t really feel anything, are you sacrificing with an open heart? Is it a sacrifice if you are forced into the service needed? Sacrifices start with love and sympathy. Sacrifices can change others, the world, and sometimes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment